Change is an inevitable function of time. Whereas, GROWTH requires intentional, deliberate behavior. Growth over the long term (intentional, sustainable growth) requires even more of the proper stacking of these five ingredients:
- Autonomy: Freedom to be who you are
- Purpose: Utilizing your autonomy in service of your WHY
- Context: Acknowledgement of needing to adjust your behaviors given environmental specificity
- Mindset: Attitudinal willingness to adapt
- Adaptability: Ability to adapt given what best fits the specifics of context.
(In part 2, I’ll dive deeper into the concept of autonomy)